Friday, January 22, 2010

the drag queen and miss emmy

From the Archives -- 22nd April, 2006:

This evening, one of my oldest and dearest friends, Peter Garcia, won an Emmy Award for his writing on the PBS-Kids series, Jakers! The Adventures of Piggley Winks.

Peter and I, along with Billy, have been mates since we were all starstruck theatre-geek teenagers back in Fresno. And those who follow my work will remember that it was on Petey's television pilot, "Chit Chat With Chi-Chi", that I played the fabulous, be-mulleted, BUTCH diesel dyke stage manager, Sandy Culpepper:

Image hosting by Photobucket

I'M BUTCH!

So, my most proud and affectionate congratulations go out to my old friend Peter...on this most magical and life-changing of nights.

I love you, Miss Chi-Chi; well done.


Image hosting by Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment