Friday, January 22, 2010

Movies, movies, everywhere...and not a drop to drink!

1. Name a movie that you have seen more than 10 times:

Hard Day’s Night, The Godfather Trilogy, What’s Up, Doc?, The Royal Tenenbaums, Pulp Fiction, Arthur, Amelie, To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar. These, among countless others, have been my film school –- and continue to be so.

2. Name a movie that you've seen multiple times in a theatre:

Excalibur, Rocky Horror Picture Show.

3. Name an actor that would make you more inclined to see a movie:

We always support the ever-marvelous work of Ed Harris, Bill Murray, Gene Hackman, Clive Owen, Cate Blanchett, Helen Mirren, and Angelica Huston.

4. Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven't gotten around to it:

I can’t think of one I haven’t yet seen because I haven’t gotten around to it, but I can tell you one that I have never seen and will never see: Schindler’s List. No can do, hombre. I would seriously have to be hospitalized. I was horribly traumatized for weeks after watching the opening sequence of Saving Private Ryan, no lie. I think Schindler's List would destroy me.

5. What movie do you wish you had never seen?

Christ, that horseshit Bob Dylan biopic that was out last year, whatever it was called –- I must’ve blocked the name from the sheer trauma endured…although Cate Blanchett, of course, was absolutely brilliant.

6. Name an actor that would make you less likely to see a movie:

Oh, lord, there are positively scads –- but the worst offenders are Meg Ryan with that rubbery mouth, Renee Zellwegger with that sour, bulimia-swollen face, Nicolas Cage with all that NO-talent meathookieness, and Tom Cruise with ALL THAT MOTHERFUCKING CRAZY.

7. Name a movie that you can quote from at will:

Hard Day’s Night, What’s Up, Doc, Animal House, The Big Lebowski; the list is endless.

8. Name a movie musical that you know all the lyrics to all the songs:

Fame, The Sound of Music, Grease, Moulin Rouge, Rocky Horror; the list is endless.

9. Name a movie that you have been known to sing along with:

Oh, a redundant prick, are we? Grease –- and my fatass can do the Hand Jive like the goddamned wind.

10. Name a movie that you would recommend everyone see:

The Godfather and Lawrence of Arabia. If you have seen neither of these, Fuck Off, Lady. Get thee to a Netflix because you don’t know what a brilliant film is.

11. Name a movie that you own:

Amelie, The Royal Tennenbaums, The Queen, The Godfather Trilogy, Lawrence of Arabia, Dead Poet’s Society, Breakfast with Andre, The Warriors, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Animal House, Ghostbusters; the list is endless.

12. Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops:

Mark Wahlberg and Cher.

13. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in theatre:

I have done many things at a drive-in theatre -- watched a movie, even.

14. Ever made out in a movie?

Honey, I have snorted blow off a hooker’s ass in a movie. Okay, so maybe that's a filthy lie -- but I have peed in a Taco Bell cup.

15. Ever walked out of a movie:

Only one: Club Paradise. It was some shitty 80’s movie with legions of shitty comedians who, undoubtedly whilst on a major coke binge, must’ve slurred to each other, “Hey! Let’s all fly to a tropical island and just roll camera and see what brilliance ensues!” SO. FUCKING. NO.

16. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater:

Christ, what movie hasn’t made me cry? I cry every five. Umm...Sophie’s Choice, Reds, Titanic, Saving Private Ryan, The Turning Point, Terms of Endearment, ET, Pan's Labyrinth, Ratatouille. Everything makes me cry –- happy, sad, mournful, merry, I cry. The list is endless.

17. Popcorn?:

A given –- and that’s non-negotiable, even if I am dieting. For me, a dark movie theatre is a place that exists between worlds, therefore the same rules need not apply. Don’t like it? Fuck off, lady.

18. How often do you go to the movies:

Whenever there is a promising one playing, we go.

19. What's the last movie you saw in the theater:

Burn After Reading.

20. What is your favorite/preferred genre of movie:

I definitely like a good, small, tight, brilliant, well-written, inspired, “indy” film –- like Little Miss Sunshine, Superbad, Juno, or Slumdog Millionaire. But I also LOVE a good documentary or a good action film, as well. Trust me, I would let Jason Bourne put it anywhere he wanted to.

21. What was the first movie you remember seeing in the theater:

Oh, lord, it was probably some Disney film or other at the Tower Theatre in Fresno when I was a small child –- maybe “The Computer That Wore Tennis Shoes” or “Fantasia” or something like that. Movies have been a constant as far back as I can remember. Along with books and tv, they are honestly what saved me. They showed me how I wanted to live my life and what I wanted to do with that life. I can honestly say that the best parts of me were forged by my exposure to and inspiration from movies, television, and books.

22. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed:

Oddly enough, even though I am definitely considered REALLY weird by most, I’m not really a weird movie sort of person. I mean, if something feels too weird to me, I immediately smell forced and contrived and self-conscious all over it…and therefore, I tend to be generally annoyed and disdainful. Weird just for weird's sake makes me want to kick ass. Maybe Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory –- is that weird? Or how about The Big Lebowski. Hmm…maybe my weird gauge needs recalibrating.

23. What is the scariest movie you've ever seen:

Rosemary’s Baby and The Shining.

24. What is the funniest movie you've ever seen:

It’s a dead tie between two of my most favorite and personally inspiring films of all time: What’s Up, Doc? and Arthur. In fact, it would not be overstating it to say that these two films –- along with Phyllis Diller, Don Rickles, The Rat Pack, and The Dean Martin Celebrity Roast –- are why I do what I do and why I am who I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment