Friday, January 22, 2010

you are special

Photobucket

You Are Special

You are my friend
You are special
You are my friend
You're special to me.
You are the only one like you.
Like you, my friend, I like you.

In the daytime
In the nighttime
Any time that you feel's the right time
For a friendship with me, you see
F-R-I-E-N-D special
You are my friend
You're special to me.
There's only one you in this wonderful world
You are special.


-- Mr. Rogers

1. Post three things you've done in your lifetime that you don't think anybody else on your friends list has done.
2. See if anybody else responds with "I've done that."
3. Have your friends cut and paste this into their journal to see what unique things they've done in their life.


Hmmm...this should be fun!


My Three:

1. Made a monkeyface totem pole with the awesome Lance Henriksen while on location in Bucharest, Romania.

Photobucket

2. Submitted three pieces to a citywide writing contest that had over 5,000 entries -- and won 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. Oh, were it that the grand prize was a night alone with Clive Owen, a tub of Crisco, an industrial winch, and a dog-eared copy of TS Eliot's "The Wasteland"!

3. Had a great-grandfather who savagely hacked a great-grandmother to death with a machete –- and then finished himself off with it, as well.

Anyone else? Anyone?

Didn't think so.

Please. All of you who think it's scandalous to have a few druggies, loonies, thugs, and thieves in the family tree are fucking amateurs, baby. Felony for felony, my clan would make yours look like the Family Von Trapp, I assure you. As far as criminals go, my kin are positively dazzling -- we are to the slammer born. As Hank, Jr. says, it's a family tradition.

Shit, holmes...I wake up every morning with chunks o' junkie in my stool.

Top that.

No comments:

Post a Comment